Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Simphiwe Dana: South African Singer and Poet



Simphiwe Dana, is a singer and writer from South Africa who is merging her traditional music of South Africa with Jazz, and Pop music. Creating and guided by her roots, producing her very own soul music, she sounds amazing. For Simphiwe, soul music is not just a genre, it's a reflection of "self discovery," a life experience or music that can cause you to feel. This video is fantastic, it's graphic and beautiful. It reminds me a little bit of the film, "The Fifth Element," futuristic with a quest. I love it when an artist that I have never heard of is brought to my attention, and this discovery was made possible by gypsygirlbliss her twitter name but musically known as Imani Uzuri a gifted voice herself, and when you get a chance, check out Imani's music. For now, I present Simphiwe Dana. Listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment